LLP can change its name by filling the following forms :
• Form 1 (Application for reservation or change of name) is required to be filled for name approval.
• After the name gets approved, applicant is required to file Form 5 (Notice for change of name) to intimate the registrar about the name change of LLP.
A company can intimate changes among designated partners’ or partners’ or change in any particulars of designated partners’ or partners’ of a LLP by filing Form 4 (Notice of appointment, cessation, change in name/ address/designation of a designated partner or partner and consent to become a partner/ designated partner) with Registrar.
In case LLP wants to change its registered office, intimation regarding the same has to be filed in Form 15 ( Notice for change of place of registered office).
LLP can change the LLP Agreement by filing Form 3 (Information with regard to Limited Liability Partnership Agreement and changes, if any, made therein). However, in case change in LLP agreement is due to change in partners/ designated partner, Form 4 has to be filed along with Form 3.
In case you want to register a charge or make modification in registered charges or report repayment or satisfaction of registered charges, you need to file appendix to Form 8 (Statement of Account & Solvency) (Interim).
A foreign LLP can change its information by filing Form 28 and Form 29.
Form 28 is required when there is -
• Alteration in the incorporation document, or other instrument constituting or defining the constitution of a limited liability partnership incorporated or registered outside India
• Alteration in the registered or principal office of a limited liability partnership incorporated or registered outside India
• Alteration in the partner or designated partner if any of a limited liability partnership incorporated or registered outside India
Similarly, Form 29 is required to give notice in case of -
(A) Alteration in the certificate of incorporation or registration of limited liability partnership incorporated or registered outside India
(B) Alteration in the name or address of any of the persons authorized to accept service on behalf of a foreign limited liability partnership in India
(C) Alteration in the principal place of business of foreign limited liability partnership in India
(D) Cessation to have place of business in India.